16 September 2018

Review of Book Girl

I was right, I loved it.


Book Girl was exactly what I thought it would be and exactly what I wanted it to be.



Thanks once again to Netgalley, I was able to read a review copy on my Kindle, but Book Girl is going on my list of printed books that I would like to own. It will be a pleasure to have this on my shelf.



Part memoir and part list, Sarah Clarkson tells us the story of her reading life, childhood days to Oxford days, cataloguing the books that have helped her through the various seasons of life or that have inspired her in particular ways. All readers have their personal favourites, the books that are returned to often with great fondness and the fact that Tolkien and Lewis appear regularly on Sarah’s lists is of great satisfaction to me.


While I read it straight through and admittedly did skim through some of the book summaries and reviews, it is the kind of book that you can also dip in and out of, reading a chapter here and there depending on which section takes your interest. However you use the book, it is brimming with passion and enthusiasm for reading and good literature. There are plenty of reading suggestions I intend to follow in the hope of finding more bookshelf treasure. After all, one should always listen and pay attention to a fellow book girl and whatever your own personal reading preferences may be, browsing someone else’s bookshelf is always interesting, at least I think so.


Book Girl is a celebration of reading, of books, and of the power of words to profoundly change us forever. The joy of a shared reading experience is a point of connection and a source of fellowship which is what you can expect from Book Girl.


‘Reading is the road you walk to discover yourself and your world, to see with renewed vision as you encounter the vision of another.’


And so friends, I recommend the company of Book Girl on your reading journey.

            #BookGirl #NetGalley

Professional Reader




No comments: