16 July 2016

A year of Blogging




Hold on to these verses with me. Let’s hold tightly to them together.

It’s been a year since God clicked caps lock as he typed these words into my mind and onto my heart. He underlined them, highlighted them and then pressed CTRL B.

Return. New paragraph.

He typed one more word.




WRITE



I think God’s telling me to start writing I said to a friend. I think that is what he’s saying in this verse. He wants me to pass on in words as best I can, at least some of the comfort he gives me.

A year later, and this is blog post number 30. So, I’m marking the spot with another pebble.

God’s people in the Bible used stones to mark significant places, to build an altar on which to offer sacrifices and give thanks to him. They erected stones to help them remember his faithfulness, his provision and his sovereignty. 

‘Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer (stone of help), saying, “Thus far has the Lord helped us.”

1 Samuel 7:12

So I set my stone here, acknowledging with gratitude that God is my help. It marks a year’s journey in words.

I know thirty blog posts isn’t much but still, it has been a personal journey of learning how to trust more, how to listen better, how to be more honest and how to share more openly. Neither does just a year of writing, make you good at being a writer but I continue to walk in words alongside the one who writes the stories of each of our lives and who has so much more to teach us.

I also walk alongside you, as you read the words at New Pebbles. I hope they bring a sense of journeying in faith together.

He is our comfort and so we can be a comfort to one another.

We receive help from him and so we can give and receive help from one another.

So let’s hold on tightly.

‘He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.’

I Corinthians 1:4 Msg

No comments: